I could have titled this the 'Worst Halloween Ever' except that I do not want to tempt fate for future years! The week leading up to Halloween we got hit with the flue, which then turned into pneumonia for Lucy two days before Halloween and for Peter on Halloween. Both missed their school parties, but barely recovered enough to go trick-or-treating, although initially Peter wasn't going to go, and then only to the houses next door, and then just one block, which turned into three blocks. Candy can be quite inspiring. To add to the excitement, Lucy had a last minute costume change, mini-mouse turned into a ghost bride, and I have to say, the ghost bride was the better costume. Adam also added to the excitement of the night by surprising me with a good scare, transforming himself into the scary Joker from Batman (he didn't let the kids see him). I have to say, as sad as I was that this Halloween didn't turn out as expected...I love Halloween...I was grateful to have a little perspective knowing there would be many more Halloweens and also, to witness how for children, something little like going from house to house getting candy, can make up for a weeks worth of feeling lousy!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Halloween
I could have titled this the 'Worst Halloween Ever' except that I do not want to tempt fate for future years! The week leading up to Halloween we got hit with the flue, which then turned into pneumonia for Lucy two days before Halloween and for Peter on Halloween. Both missed their school parties, but barely recovered enough to go trick-or-treating, although initially Peter wasn't going to go, and then only to the houses next door, and then just one block, which turned into three blocks. Candy can be quite inspiring. To add to the excitement, Lucy had a last minute costume change, mini-mouse turned into a ghost bride, and I have to say, the ghost bride was the better costume. Adam also added to the excitement of the night by surprising me with a good scare, transforming himself into the scary Joker from Batman (he didn't let the kids see him). I have to say, as sad as I was that this Halloween didn't turn out as expected...I love Halloween...I was grateful to have a little perspective knowing there would be many more Halloweens and also, to witness how for children, something little like going from house to house getting candy, can make up for a weeks worth of feeling lousy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
kate your kids are adorable. Thomas with the sucker and toothbrush is priceless! I hope you are doing great.
i love your perspective in this one! you're right, there will be many more halloweens but this one sure does seem like one to remember. love you! brynne
Katie! I completely stumbled across your blog by accident. How funny! I love all the pics. Wish we could see you guys more but we're at such opposite ends of the country. Looks like you are a busy woman! Keep in touch. :)
Lis
Happy halloween!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/pinjaman-dana-10-juta-untuk-pendapatan-rendah
Post a Comment