Oh my goodness, skiing is so much fun. I felt like a little kid on a roller-coaster. I even forgot I was pregnant...most of the time. After skiing with Adam for 3 days and having to hike for a while on the third day, I became very aware of being pregnant again. I reminded the three boys I was with that while they might be tired from skiing, I was tired from skiing AND supporting another life form at the same time! After hiking, I wanted to cry I was so tired. And lucky for Adam the snow was so nice and fresh because the whole time I was hiking, I was blaming him for even suggesting Backside when he knew I couldn't say 'no' to Backside even if I should. But then I "wee-ed" all the way down the mountain and loved my husband again by the bottom. I actually had the thought on this trip that I might like skiing as much as Adam does....maybe.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Ski Trip With NO Kids
Oh my goodness, skiing is so much fun. I felt like a little kid on a roller-coaster. I even forgot I was pregnant...most of the time. After skiing with Adam for 3 days and having to hike for a while on the third day, I became very aware of being pregnant again. I reminded the three boys I was with that while they might be tired from skiing, I was tired from skiing AND supporting another life form at the same time! After hiking, I wanted to cry I was so tired. And lucky for Adam the snow was so nice and fresh because the whole time I was hiking, I was blaming him for even suggesting Backside when he knew I couldn't say 'no' to Backside even if I should. But then I "wee-ed" all the way down the mountain and loved my husband again by the bottom. I actually had the thought on this trip that I might like skiing as much as Adam does....maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
trips without the kids are so needed! You are amazing, not that I would expect anything less than you keepin up with the guys...pregnant or not.
I've been asking everyone when you were going to start blogging!! I can't believe how much has changed and I feel like I was just hanging out with you guys yesterday. I don't know if I can hold my breath any longer. I thought we'd end up back east, but JC is starting to feel a little too comfortable back in his home state. If we'd go skiing more often it wouldn't be that bad:-)
I'll just have to live vicariously through your ski stories! Although- you are much braver than I am. I don't know if I'd ski backside- pregnant or not pregnant. Congratulations by the way!!!
Post a Comment