Wow. This baby could come any day now. The 27th is the actual due date, and I have prepped myself for her to be late (like Lucy was), but then I realized, I might want to prepare the kids for her coming. With Peter, I began, "Peter have you noticed how huge my stomach is?" to which he replied, "Mom, its been that way for a long time now." When I tried to tell Lucy that 'Baby Emily' could come any day now, she announced, "No, she is coming in the summer, and it is not summer yet." During my second attempt, she said, "No, Thomas needs to be older" (I agree but too late now), "and I am going to be older." Not much older.
A few days ago, Thomas was having a rough day, and was needing a lot of lovin' which means I had to hold him all day. At the end of the day I remarked sarcastically, "Thomas is going to LOVE having another baby around who needs to be held." Peter didn't hesitate saying, "No mom, I think Thomas is going to HATE having another baby around." But Lucy tried to cheer me up by saying, "Don't worry mommy, I won't hate having a girl baby, I will take care of her." Glad I can count on Lucy. Peter announced, after one of his long phone chats with Guggy, which he tries to have daily, "The only reason I want 'Baby Emily' to come is so that Guggy will be here." I think he'll change his mind once she is here. I hope so.
Next post, pics of the new baby girl, hopefully! How exciting. I just wish I could fast forward the first couple weeks, I fear for the worst and yet hoping that all will go better than I expect, which then makes me go back to expecting the worst so I don't get my hopes up.
No comments:
Post a Comment