Sunday, April 19, 2009

Butter Comes from Butterflies


We've been listening to books on CD in the car. Lucy's pick was Little House on the Prairie. I was a little worried about how Peter would react since it's a family of three girls, but apparently, being in Indian country, the dog, and the superman Pa is seems to make up for the lack of boys. The other day Peter remarked, "I like this new audio book series." Man, listening to the poor Ingles family makes me very grateful for living in 2009 with all of our modern luxuries like a bed or cold water not to mention plumbing, heating, and electricity. In one part, the family is pretty stoked about getting a cow so they can have some milk and butter. Despite listening to them just say how excited they were to get a cow so that they could have butter for their corn-bread, Lucy announced, "Butter comes from butterflies." I was about to correct her and then changed my mind because hey, honey comes from bees, why not butter from butterflies?

2 comments:

Annie and Jake Callister said...

I love Little House on the Prarie. I remember when I was young being very upset that we didn't live like them. I had it real hard... :)

I'm so glad you posted! Lucy will figure it out sooner or later.

Brecken said...

That Lucy sounds adorable. Good luck with the last month. I am so excited for you!